Patient safety – and the safety of our team members – is always our #1 priority at Pennachio Eye. We take pride in maintaining disinfected environments at all of our locations as well as our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC).
With the development of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, we have
amplified our disinfection protocols
to provide an additional layer of protection for our patients and staff.
- Exam rooms continue to be thoroughly
disinfected after every patient encounter. All surfaces are disinfected: exam
chair, companion chair, work surfaces, door handles, surgical light handles,
- Public areas continue to be disinfected
multiple times each day: waiting area, counters, bathrooms and other high touch
Even with these safety measures in place, it is important for
our patients and staff members to make responsible decisions about keeping
appointments or coming into work. Please call us to reschedule your appointment
or surgery if you, someone you live with or the person driving you to your
- Is currently feeling sick or has any early flu-like symptoms
- Has been exposed to a COVID-19 patient
- Has traveled to a Level 2 country or higher
We are also asking our staff and patients to follow these safety
- Refrain from handshaking.
- Wash your hands or use our hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Avoid touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a clean tissue, dispose of it
and immediately wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand
- Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting or removing contact
Please call us at (352) 227-1999 if you have any questions.
Thank you for trusting us to provide the safest eye care possible.
Pennachio Eye Team